If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that I’ve been taking part in my first beauty challenge! I kept it simple! I chose fellow Lymphie, Kala’s Lipstick Challenge. Her rules were simple, her prompts were interesting and I might have been a bit biased as she is also part of the Lymphie family!! Her rules were you had to tag her, use a particular hashtag for the challenge to be followed and post your attempts!! Luckily we could interpret the prompts as we wished… especially as I was in work during this challenge!!
Good news… I survived a different theme every day. I’m so proud of myself. I didn’t get told off in work for any of the colours! Yay! I even had compliments on my lip colours that I would usually shy away from!
But… it was so hard! I’ve therefore decided to do the hard work for you!!
My Top Tips for the Lipstick challenge. These could also be utilised for other monthly challenges too!
- Read ALL prompts beforehand and make notes.
- Root through handbags, purses, make up bags to collect all items in to one place!
- Work out which prompts fall on workdays/weekdays and weekends/days off.
- Pick out colours etc ahead of prompt for less fussing on the day!
- If you need a colour you don’t have, try finding it in a bargain section or utilise an eyeshadow with lip balm.
- Photograph challenge first thing in the morning in natural light.
- Blot colours or tone down with lip balms if needed.
- Feel the fear and do it anyway.
I found that, if I didn’t like the look, I’d wear it for 10 minutes minimum and not look in a mirror then check back. If I still wasn’t happy, I could wipe it off. Also, if a Look wasn’t suitable for work, I’d prep and photograph the look in advance. I also realised I’m the Queen of Pink lipsticks! Haha.
Good luck for your monthly challenges! OR… Why not try this challenge in your own time!?
Hmmm. Which challenge next!?
Lots of Love
Copyright Lauren Toner 2011-2017