I’m currently partaking in fellow Lymphie, Kala’s, lipstick challenge. This got me thinking! Not all trends are clothing choices, some are just changing your lipstick, so… I thought it would be fun to share with you the latest beauty trends spotted on the catwalks. I’ve loved researching the latest trends that can update your wardrobe instantly without spending a fortune before pay day arrives!!
Here are my faves that are easily worn (mostly), as well as a few rather daring ideas. You may even have some of the items in your beauty bag already to recreate these looks!!
- POKER STRAIGHT HAIR was spotted at Versace
- MICRO PLAITS were used at Missoni and San Andres Milano to add textures through the hair while still looking flawless.
- BLONDE, Blonde everywhere!!
- HIGH PONYTAILS added instant glamour to Nicholas K’s runway.
- BEEHIVES were back and Backcombed on Antonio Marras‘ show.
- GRAPHIC EYELINER was still spotted on the catwalk of Fendi and a CAT FLICK was spotted on the runways for Moschino and Elie Saab.
- SMOKEY EYES are back in varying degrees. Carolina Herrera and Armani donned classic smokey eyes, while at Victoria Beckham’s show we saw an updated flicked smokey colour wash in blues and khaki. Balmain went for a grunge Kohl Stained look.
- FIERY LIPS were all the rage at Carolina Herrera with tones ranging from classic red at Giambattista Valli and Trussardi to a faded Coral lip at D&G.
- ORANGES were highlighted at Missoni and Blugirl.
- CANDY PINKS were steeped across cheeks and eyes at Asli Polat, Fenty X Puma, Hermes, Tadashi Shoji, Kenzo, Paul Smith and Marchesa.
- GREY AND NUDE LIPS were going nowhere as they were spotted on the catwalks of Acne and Marchesa.
- BRONZED BABE with dewy complexions have been THE look for the last few years! This year is no different as it was spotted at Blumarine, Armani, Trussardi and Marchesa.
- FRENCH TIPS WITH A TWIST were spotted at Salvatore Ferragamo. A taupe base with white tips updates the classic look.
- ORANGE again spotted at Blugirl really brightens any drab day.
Happy Spring and Lots of Love
Copyright Lauren Toner 2011-2017